Sleeping for Weight Loss
What happens if you are doing “everything” right but not losing weight? If you are eating a balanced, calorie-controlled diet and being physically active, but you are not losing weight, you might want to take a hard look at whether you are getting enough sleep. If not, you could be setting yourself up for:
· Bigger portions due to poorer judgement.
· More cravings for high-calorie, high-carbohydrate foods.
· Less ability to resist cravings and make healthier choices.
· Increased hunger due to higher levels of ghrelin, a hunger hormone.
· Lower satiation due to lower levels of leptin, a satisfaction hormone.
· More fat storage due to higher levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, and less sensitivity to insulin, which regulates blood sugar levels.
Since getting adequate sleep is not a luxury, but a necessity for health, you can make sleep a priority. Most adults need about 8 hours, but needs are individual. Here are some tips for getting enough quality sleep.
· Allow enough time each night to get the sleep you need.
· Have a consistent bedtime and pre-bed routine.
· Avoid looking at electronic devices for at least 30 minutes before bed.
· Sleep in a dark, quiet room.
· Use an app to track sleep and provide coaching on strategies for improving your sleep.
2. Best weight loss health coach app
You are putting in the work, so you deserve to maximize the benefits. A weight loss health coach app can help you do just that. A health coach app serves all the functions of a regular coach: informing, motivating, guiding, cheering, and organizing. The best weight loss health coach app:
· Informs you about healthy ways to lose weight and incorporate healthy behaviors into your lifestyle.
· Motivates you to keep setting and chasing new goals.
· Guides you through your weight loss journey in your own way.
· Cheers your successes, your efforts, and, should you fall short of your goals for a time, your renewed dedication.
· Organizes by encouraging you to log your food, activity and weight, and storing that information.
Lark Health Coach serves all of those roles, and then some. Lark is available 24/7 to be your coach and friend. Your health coach automatically customizes your program for you.
Lark even learns your patterns and coaches around them. Do you prefer a gluten-free or dairy-free lifestyle? You’ll get tips on healthy ways to get your nutrients without eating gluten or dairy products. Do you normally take an afternoon walk? Then do not be surprised if Lark gives you a gentle nudge if you forget to take it one day.